What are the “National Formation” events to expect during my year?
Those events would be:
Summer Program – 4 week long course to prepare you for your Mission year
Winter Course & Spiritual Exercises –
- Through a session of “highs and lows,” the missionaries have an in depth review of the past four months and receive training on relevant pastoral & pedagogical topics.
- The missionaries participate in the Ignatian Spiritual Exercise retreat lasting six days
Transition Course –
- Through a serious of talks, the missionaries are given advice on how to best prepare for the challenges that await them as they head off to college or to the next stage in life
- Themes covered: economics, prayer life, dating and engagement, etc
What do I need to know about the Women’s Summer Course?
Where: Overbrook Academy, Rhode Island
When: July 16th- August 16th, 2017
You should pack:
- Wear skirts or dresses that are around the knee or longer and that match well with your blouse or top
- Avoid transparent shirts, tank tops, low cut neck lines, or tight clothing. Your shirts and blouses must have sleeves, cover the midriff, and cover your back completely.
- Women Missionaries may wear pants, provided that the pants are neat and modest in appearance: no rips, tags, or very fitted pants
- Missionaries can wear closed toed shoes, open toed shoes, sandals, or boots, but not flip flops or slippers.
What do I need to know about the Men’s Summer Course?
Where: Sacred Heart Apostolic School
5901 N. 500 E P.O. Box 7
Rolling Prairie, IN 46371
When: July 9 – Aug 13th
You should remember to bring nice suit jackets and ties for chapel time.
What’s the Summer Program like?
The Summer Program is an intensive training period that consists of daily classes, workshops, apostolic opportunities, service projects, outings, sports, team building activities, prayer time, etc. Not to forget the fun and friendships that you will experience.
Your Classes will include:
o Team work/Communication/Conflict Management
o Catechesis and Apologetics
o Regnum Christi’s Charism and Organization
o Human Formation/Etiquette
o Youth Ministry – retreat planning and execution
o Theology of the Body
o Strength Finding and Building
Is there required reading before the Summer Program?
Prior to your arrival, we require the following encyclicals to be read as preparation for your mission. They can all be found online at the official Vatican website:
“Redemptoris Missio, John Paul II”
“Deus Caritas Est, Pope Benedict XVI”
“Caritas In Veritate, Pope Benedict XVI”
“Rediscovering Catholicism”, Matthew Kelly
“RC Mission Corps Rule of Life”
After the Summer Course where do I go?
After the Summer Course ends, (usually August 16th), you are sent home for a period called: “Mission Partner Week”(Aug 16-23) a period dedicated to time with your family, making last minute preparations, collecting your final funds, and visiting your donors. You would fly to your city (usually) on August 23rd.
What are my costs for year 2017-2018?
RC Missionaries are expected to fundraise a minimum of $7,500 prior to the start of their Mission Year in their Destination City (By or before August 23rd) Click HERE for full breakdown of your year costs.
More questions? Contact us