How old do I have to be to participate in a Mission year?
- You must be 18 years of age by the time the Mission year begins at the start of the Summer Formation Course in July of each year.
When do applications open for the next Mission Year?
- Both male and female applications open September 1st 2018 for the 2019-2020 year. Women’s applications close April 1st and Men’s applications close April 30th for 2019-2020 Mission Year.
Do I have to be a member of Regnum Christi to apply?
- No, you do not need to be a member of RC to apply or be accepted to RCMC. An openness to the charism of Regnum Christi and an understanding that you will be working in the Regnum Christi sections is required.
What are my costs for year 2019-2020?
- RC Missionaries are expected to fundraise a minimum of $7,500 prior to the start of their Mission Year in their Destination City (By or before August 23rd). This amount does not include airfare or transportation cost. Click HERE for full breakdown of your year costs.
I don’t know how to fundraise! What should I do?
- Each accepted missionary is sent a complete acceptance packet containing the best practices of fundraising along with very helpful resources to reach the goal of $7,500. There is also a fundraising training webinar held prior to the summer course that each accepted missionary is required to attend. One-on-one calls with the Director of the Program is also encouraged to walk through the basics of fundraising.
What are the “National Formation” events to expect during my year?
- Summer Program –
- The Summer Program is an intensive training period that consists of daily classes, workshops, apostolic opportunities, service projects, outings, sports, team building activities, prayer time, etc. Not to forget the fun and friendships that you will experience.
- Winter Course & Spiritual Exercises –
- Through a session of “highs and lows,” the missionaries have an in depth review of the past four months and receive training on relevant pastoral & pedagogical topics.
- The missionaries participate in the Ignatian Spiritual Exercise retreat lasting six days
- Transition Course – conducted in each locality
- Through a serious of talks, the missionaries are given advice on how to best prepare for the challenges that await them as they head off to college or to the next stage in life
- Themes covered: economics, prayer life, dating and engagement, etc
What do I need to know about the Women’s Summer Course for 2018-2019?
- Where:Our Lady of Santa Clara, San Jose California
- When: July 15th- August 5th, 2019
- You should pack:
- Wear skirts or dresses that are around the knee or longer and that match well with your blouse or top
- Avoid transparent shirts, tank tops, low cut neck lines, or tight clothing. Your shirts and blouses must have sleeves, cover the midriff, and cover your back completely.
- Women Missionaries may wear pants, provided that the pants are neat and modest in appearance: no rips, tags, or very fitted pants
- Missionaries can wear closed toed shoes, open toed shoes, sandals, or boots, but not flip flops or slippers.
What do I need to know about the Men’s Summer Course?
- Where: Sacred Heart Apostolic School 5901 N. 500 E P.O. Box 7 Rolling Prairie, IN 46371
- When: July 5 – Aug 8th 2019
- You should remember to bring nice suit jackets and ties for chapel time.
What are the courses offered during the Summer Formation Program?
- Morality/EthicsTeam work/Communication/Conflict Management
- Catechesis and Apologetics
- Regnum Christi’s Charism and Organization
- Human Formation/Etiquette
- Youth Ministry – retreat planning and execution
- Theology of the Body
- Strength Finding and Building
I want to make a donation to RCMC. What is my donation covering and is it tax deductible?
- Any donation made to the RCMC Program is 100% tax deductible. Donations made online HERE receive an automatic tax receipt. Donations made via check receive a tax receipt statement in the mail in January of the following year. Because we try and make this year as affordable as possible for our young people, your donation is used to cover the actual cost of each missionary which is roughly $13,500. Your donation helps with our summer course expenses and travel cost for our Legionary priests and consecrated women of Regnum Christi.
I would like to hear more about the RCMC Program and follow the missionaries on a monthly basis, how can I do this?
- We encourage you to sign up for our free monthly newsletter that highlights the mission moments of our missionaries in each locality! Sign up HERE
More questions? Contact us